Learning from User-generated Data
344.046, KV, 3h (4.5
ECTS), SS 2018
Start: March 20, 2018
Location: S3 048
This class will be taught in English.
Class Objectives and Content
The main topics covered include:
Students will acquire basic
knowledge for dealing with used-generated data in the fields of machine
learning and pattern recognition. They will learn about sources and
data extraction from the web and social media as well as techniques for
this data. The students' skills will be further developed through a
project involving work with real-world data.
- sources for user-generated data
- mining and analysis of web content and structure
- mining and analysis of social media
- mining of user behaviour and feed-back (explicit and implicit)
- recommender systems
- strategies for personalisation of content and user interfaces
- context-aware search, retrieval, and recommendation
real-world, user-generated data, students will conduct several tasks centered around the topic of recommender systems.
last edited by md on Feb 13, 2018